Can I file an additional petition to my newly filed divorce papers? 4 Answers as of December 12, 2016

My wife left the state, taking our son with her, against my wishes, 2 months ago. She moved to her dad's in another state. She is doing everything possible in complicate, me seeing my son. I filed for divorce, myself, 10 days ago. I heard that I can file an additional petition, that lets the judge decide to maybe order her, my son or both back or hold her in contempt. I am currently out of town with my job for approximately 90 days, with going back about every two weeks for two days. If the judge orders both of them back, does that mean into my home which would temporarily be out of state?

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
Yes, you can file an amended petition you also have to file a motion to amend. Use of a lawyer is recommended.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
You are in over your head. Hire an attorney. The worst divorces I have been involved in have the grandparents actively involved to "save" the grandchild from the evil parent. GP's have funds to pay for attorneys for their child. Hire an attorney!
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
This is something that you should not try to do without an attorney on your side. You should at least speak with attorneys in the county where the divorce is pending. You can probably get it ordered that the wife must return the child to the state of Florida. But your case is a bit odd because you will not be living here. The situation is complicated.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
You can file a counter Petition.