Can I fight this DUI and win if my car was never in motion and nor did I intend to drive? 14 Answers as of March 31, 2014

I was charged with a DUI while sitting in my car after someone had hit me in the face. I sat in my car to remove myself from a toxic situation. The police were called as I was calling for a ride.

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
If you were in "actual physical control" of the car you are caught.
Robert S. Evans ESQ | Robert S. Evans ESQ
You have a possible defense ,however I need more info before rendering a professional opinion.
If you are sitting in a vehicle drunk with the keys in your pocket, you are in control of the vehicle. So, the prosecutor can file DUI charges.
Not by yourself you won't. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Was your key in the ignition? Was the vehicle running? These questions are relevant to the issue of "operating a motor vehicle". This may be a good defense.
    Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
    Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
    In my humble opinion you can be charged and I would urge you to consult an attorney who is skilled representing persons charged with DUI.
    Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
    It depends upon where the car was parked. If it was on or just off a public road, the logical inference would be you drove it on a public road to get it there. That does not necessarily mean you will be convicted or your case won't get dismissed with a proper motion. There maybe other problems with the case as well such as with the evidential breath test. That is why it is extremely important that you retain a highly experienced and skill DUI attorney in your area.
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    The prosecution definitely has a problem under these facts, you will likely need a DUI defense attorney to advance the defense and hopefully help you avoid conviction.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Tell it to the Judge but he won't buy it. Whenever and wherever you are in control of a vehicle while under the influence you're fair game DUI.
    The Law Offices of Colavecchio & Colavecchio, PLLC | Michael Colavecchio
    In this situation, you have a good chance of winning.
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    Yes, you can be charged with a DUI while sitting in a car without the engine running. The police hear this all the time, so it's understandable why they don't believe someone when they claim they weren't planning to drive.
    Get a very good attorney, generally if you are in a position to operate the vehicle is possible to be cited for DUI.
    Law Offices of Nicholas M. Loncar
    Law Offices of Nicholas M. Loncar | Nicholas M. Loncar
    Absolutely. It's a bit of a borderline case, but the government must prove driving beyond a reasonable doubt. Should be grounds for dismissal, trial win or at least a good deal. Consult with some local attorneys soon.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    So long as you were inside the vehicle and there were keys accessible to you. That is sufficient evidence to prove "actual physical control" and you can be found guilty of a DUI.