Can I fight section 8's decision to deny me based off my assumption since there is not any proof this actually happened? 2 Answers as of April 08, 2013

I did some research and found out they are denying me solely based off a question I answered on the application. There is no proof that I was evicted from public housing. I assumed that the landlord evicted me due to drug related activity not on my part but because of one of my guest. Well there is no record anywhere that they did. Not at the apartment complex or at the local county. No one has stated that they found this eviction.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
Yes, you can. You should have been told about your appeal rights. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may qualify for free legal services. You can find out more from the Lawyer Referral Service if you are indeed in Wisconsin. Many inquiries here which say they are from Wisconsin actually aren't.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 4/8/2013
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
I sure they have an appeal process, I don't know what it is, but you should call them and ask or check their agency regulations.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 4/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: