Can I fight an Alabama code section 28-1-5 charge? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

I am 20 years old. After being pulled over in Alabama I was asked to step out of the car and administered a field sobriety test, which I passed. I refused a Breathalyzer test. When asked I told the officer that I had consumed one beer nearly 5 hours earlier in my own home two states away in Louisiana. The officer searched my car and found nothing. The police officer arrested me and charged me with code section 28-1-5 misdemeanors... possession or consumption of alcohol by a person under the age of 21. Can I fight this? I do not want this on my record when I apply to law school. Thank you

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
It appears you may have a good argument. I suggest that you consider hiring an attorney as you need for this one to be dismissed so that it does not cause you problems with being admitted to law school or potentially sitting for the bar exam.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: