Can I face jail time for a suspended license? 1 Answers as of July 22, 2011

I have been driving in the state of Minnesota for about five years now. In 2007, my license (from another state) expired, but I was not able to renew it, as I needed to take a road test. I was pulled over three times in the next three years for this offense. I forgot to pay the fine for the third offense, so I was suspended. I was informed of this at a car dealership, and promptly headed home to look it up and pay the fine. However, I did not realize that there were fines for reinstatement. I did not know this until I was pulled over by highway patrol and they informed me there, as well as giving me a ticket for "driving after suspension. >My question is do I face possible jail time for this? And what are the fines? Thank you for your time.

Yes. It is a misdemeanor offense punishable by p to 90 day s in jail and a $100 fine.