Can I expunge a prior felony plea in Illinois? 1 Answers as of January 19, 2011

I plead guilty to felony theft in the year of 1995 Dupage Co. Illinois. Am I eligible to have this expunged, sealed or possibly contest the dollar amount that the item in question was "appraised" at resulting in a misdemeanor as opposed to felony?

I received 2 years probation and $1000 fine paid in full by the time of my dismissal in 1997.

14 years have since passed without incident and I am inquiring about any action(s) that I may be able to take to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your time and interest.

You cannot get this felony conviction expunged or sealed in Illinois. You cannot open the file to dispute the dollar amount, this should have been addressed at the time of trial. The statute of limitation has long expired for re-opening this type of case. Your only remedy might be in the form of a Governor's pardon, which you need to petition from the Illinois Prisoner Review Board.