Can I expunge a police report in the District of Columbia? 1 Answers as of December 31, 2010

I am a Maryland resident. Somebody made a police report against me in DC and applied for a temporary restraining order which the judge in chambers denied. On receiving correspondence from the plaintiff's attorney, I accepted a one year stay away consent decree to prevent the plaintiff from seeking a permanent protective order. The consent decree has long expired. I was never charged with anything or arrested. Can I get the record of the law suit removed from the records of the DC Superior Court. Can I get the police report against me expunged? I am a professional and do not need this when job hunting.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Yes, a police report of an arrest is expungeable in DC. Beyond that, it would be hard to say.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 12/31/2010
Click to View More Answers: