Can I expunge a past Texas charge for writing bad checks? 2 Answers as of November 21, 2010

Is there any way that I can do this with a lawyer? I have money and need to get it taken care of. It was a deferred adjudication in 2002.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Yes, if you case was deferred and you completed the deferred successfully, you need to get with a lawyer to file a "Non-Disclousure". It is similar to expunging with one difference. Expunging literally removes the record. Non-Disclosure makes it unlawful for the Texas Department of Public Safety to tell anyone about it. The Courts can still see a deferred, but employers cannot.

If you are in my area, please schedule an appointment and I will explain the process, cost, etc. at that time.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 11/21/2010
Click to View More Answers: