Can I expunge my 2 misdemeanor convictions? 11 Answers as of December 13, 2010

I have 2 convictions that are misdemeanors. Can they be evicted or expunged. How long it will take? And can you give me an idea of how much it will cost?

The general rules and guidelines are: Records are forever, However, many felony and misdemeanor convictions [not infractions] can sometimes be 'expunged' from criminal records by proper application and Petition to the court, but only if there was no prison time served or even sentenced and reduced to probation, if it was not for certain sex and Domestic Violence crimes, if all terms of sentencing and probation [and at least one year of probation] are completed and finished, and if there are no new charges pending. If successful, the conviction would be retroactively reduced to a misdemeanor and then withdrawn and the charges dismissed. That does not 'remove' the conviction, but merely changes the record to show conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement. When applying for a job in the private sector, you generally do not have to disclose a conviction if it was expunged. However, the conviction is still a 'prior' for purposes of repeat offense, and must be disclosed on any application for government and professional employment and licensing, bonding, security clearance, etc. The licensing agency and employer then can decide whether you are barred from licensing and employment because of your conviction. The process can take from several weeks to several months, depending upon the courts. The costs is not too steep,. If you are serious about doing this, and you think you qualify, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
Generally speaking, your misdemeanors can be expunged, but to be sure, I would need additional information. Please contact me at 818-336-1384 to discuss in further detail (no charge for phone consultation). Assuming you are in a court that is local to me, I can handle both for $2,200 total.
Steven Mandell
Steven Mandell | Law Offices of Steven Mandell
They can be expunged if you are off probation for both of them. It usually takes a couple of months. How much it will cost will depend on lots of information that you don't mention here. If they are in LA, don't hesitate to call me for a free consultation about these.
Law Offices of Philip P. De Luca
Law Offices of Philip P. De Luca | Philip De Luca
Yes, your misdemeanors can be expunged. I charge $900 for services and $100.00 for costs for each case number to which an expungement is needed
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
Have you completed your probation and complied with all of its terms? If so, it is easy and inexpensive to do.
    If you have completed your probation you should ask your probation officer to do it. Then it's free I usually charge $1000. It usually takes a couple of months while probation checks to see you are not charged with a new crime or convicted of another crime.
    As long as you are no longer on and have successfully completed probation, you may be eligible for expungement, which can take a few weeks to a few months, depending on the charge/court. Please give me a call to discuss!
    Tomas M. Flores, Esq.
    Tomas M. Flores, Esq. | Tomas M. Flores
    If you have satisfied all of your terms of probation, and more than half of the probation time has lapsed, you can petition the court to expunge your record.

The fee for two misdemeanor expungments should be less than $1,500. However, it would depend on what county your cases are in.
    Law Offices of Thomas D. Nares
    Law Offices of Thomas D. Nares | Thomas D. Nares
    The fee is $350 plus the court fee of $60 each case.
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    You can try to expunge your misdemeanor convictions. Without any more information, I cannot let you know how successful your case looks. However, my office charges $1,000 to handle a single misdemeanor expugement. My office would handle this case for $1,750 total. I would call around if I
    were you and get some more specific advice. Good luck.