Can I expunge a felony drug charge in Georgia so that I can obtain work? 2 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I have a felony drug charge but want to study to become a medical interpreter. Will I be able to do this with a felony on my record or what fields pertaining to interpretation could I do. Is there anyway I could like expunge this from my record or at least where jobs would not see it?

I don't know the complete list of employment opportunities that a person convicted of a felony are precluded from pursuing, but here is a partial list:

1) attorney
2) paralegal
3) medical doctor
4) nurse
5) locksmith
6) contractor on federal/state projects that involve correctional facilities
7) stock broker

If you have a felony conviction, the conviction is noo going anywhere, unless you get a pardon from the governor.The felony conviction cannot be expunged. The felony conviction cannot be hidden from employers.
You will need to consult with an experienced criminal attorney in your community who handles expungements. Also, you did not indicate whether or not you were sentenced under the First Offenders Act. You will need to discuss all the facts with your attorney in order to arrive at your rights and options for you to consider. Good luck!