Can I expunge a Felony Burglary of a building charge? 4 Answers as of August 18, 2015

I am 24 years old and am a father of a two year old son and a current college student. I was 19 I believe when this felony occurred. Two friends and I had a key to a convenient store and went to go get beer. We got pulled over a few blocks away and got charged with this felony. I was very young and ignorant. I messed up my deferred adjudication and was sentenced to state jail. I have not had any more probations or felonies since that time and have been a very productive citizen. I need help to get this expunged. From what I read so far I cannot, but I want to seal it or request something from the state to put this behind me so I can get a job and support my family. I am going to school and have been for almost two years. I have good grades and am a great person.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
See a local attorney about expungement. You are probably a bit early at lest I'm Michigan.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/18/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
No, you can't get a felony burglary conviction expunged in Missouri.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/18/2015
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
You may be able to. Crimes that cannot be expunged are "crimes of violence". Assault, rape, attempted assault and/or rape, murder, etc. Also, if you used a weapon when you committed the crime. Sounds like you didn't. Generally, you need to wait at minimum, 5 years from the date you completed all your obligations with the court, ie, probation, etc, AND during that period of time, y7ou can have no crimes in ANY court, ANYWHERE, even other states. If you think that you fall within this classification, then you may be able to. This is something that my firm does quite a bit.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/18/2015
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If this is your only conviction and it has been 5 years since your sentence ended, you may be able to get it expunged.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/18/2015
Click to View More Answers: