Can I evict my live-in boyfriend if he doesn't help with paying the bills? 3 Answers as of April 11, 2013

Ronald Main & Associates | Tracian M. Laignel
Absolutely. If the lease/deed is in your name and your boyfriend is not on either then you can lawfully kick him out. Since the boyfriend does not pay bills/rent you should not have any problems. However, just to err on the side of caution, give him enough time to get his things out of the home but no longer than 30 days is necessary. If he gives you any trouble you have every right to contact the police/sheriff. I would also strongly suggest having the locks changed on the residence if possible.
Yes. Give him a written 30=day notice to quit. If he doesn't leave, file an eviction action.
It depends on who is on the lease or rental agreement or the titleholder of the property. You should converse with an attorney prior to making any decision or taking any action.