Can I ever get a license back after 4 DUIs in my lifetime? 8 Answers as of June 08, 2015

I had DUIs in 1985,1990, and 1994. I had a DUI on 2/12/2009. My license was revoked forever but is there a shimmer of hope for a hardship license?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Without more factual information, I have no way of knowing.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/8/2015
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Yes. MN now has interlock. Call the DPS and find out what steps you need to accomplish.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/8/2015
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
In Florida there is a permanent revocation. You may try another state or petition the local court for reinstatement based on hardship.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/8/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Uhhhh, yeah in about 2020.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/8/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Consider expungement. You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/5/2015
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    Currently, you are not eligible for a permit or reinstatement if all of these DUIs were convictions (i.e., not supervision or not guilty). However, there is a bill that was passed by the legislature which would allow for you to get a permit. It is waiting for the governor's signature. Check back in a few more weeks for more information.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 6/5/2015
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    There may be a possibility, but most importantly you will have to prove sobriety since the last incident and to the present. Other than that I would have to have the details before I could give you any rational prediction as to your chances of success.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/5/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    I'm not sure that Wisconsin issues hardship licenses especially since they have a sort of graded system of penalties for more severe and consecutive drunk driving cases. Still...why not contact the lawyer who represented you previously and see if he or she is willing to file a motion with the court which last sentenced you requesting a revision of the judgment to permit you to drive. You might have to approach the Division of Motor Vehicles as well. Good Luck.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/5/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!