Can I enter the US with an expired passport? 3 Answers as of October 15, 2010

I have a valid visa but my passport has expired. Would I still be able to enter the US with a visa on an expired passport? Would I be able to use the visa of my old passport on a new one? How?

It appears that you are talking about your foreign passport from your home country, accompanying your stamped visa on your I-94. The visa is what matters, though you really need to apply for the replacement or extension of your passport. Also, the fact that you left, if you were gone for a considerable length of time, like over 2 1/2 years, you needed to be reentering with a parole authorization to reenter. Otherwise you could be cited and tried for deportation for overstay out of the country more than the maximum time allotted for a visa holder. If you want to discuss it further, by all means call or e-mail. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
I do not think you can board the plane on an expired passport. If you enter by land you may still be refused entry.

The old visa can be used if it has not expired. Bring the old passport with you with the visa and a new passport.
No, you need to have a valid passport for international travel. You should get a new passport and can travel with it and the visa in your old passport.