Can I enter the US on a tourist visa? 3 Answers as of August 04, 2011

Can I enter to US by my tourist visa at hand while I am selected in Lottery 2012 and have to do the next steps?

Yes, if you are planning on returning to your home country to complete the immigrant visa application. If you are not, then you should not enter the US with a visitor visa.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
The Immigration Officer at the border can see that you participated in the DV lottery and may question you about your intention for the trip. You cannot come to the U.S. on a tourist visa to pursue the green card process from with the U.S. You should have no problem if you can convince the border officer that you will go back after your visit and will not apply for a green card while you are in the U.S.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Yes, you can. However, you may be entering under the false intent to stay permanently. But, there is still no guarantee that you will qualify for the lottery filing. You must have a number that allows you to file for your case in the US. You must handle the Adjustment carefully, but if you have a round trip ticket and do not intend to stay, you may enter as a normal tourist.