Can I do something when a car struck me and my girls without insurance but the other driver did? 2 Answers as of October 25, 2016

She had insurance but I was driving a car just purchased in an action with no insurance.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
You can get reimbursed for your out-of-pocket expenses, but not for pain and suffering (Ca Civil Code 3333.4). Your girls have good claims.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/25/2016
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Check with your own insurance carrier; most have a provision that they provide insurance coverage for the first thirty days on a car you have just purchased.
If there is no coverage, you, as the driver of the vehicle, can not collect for any pain and suffering, but all the passengers in your car can. You still can claim out of pocket expenses such as vehicle repair and rental, medical bills, wage loss, etc.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2016
Click to View More Answers: