Can I do anything to force my ex to refinance a car that is in the name of my father? Posted on February 01, 2011

My ex-girlfriend (broke up over a year and a half ago) has a car with my dad as the cosigner. She bought another car and let's her mom drive the car in question. My-ex refuses to do anything about refinancing the vehicle because her mom/her would never get as good of a rate as my dad did and would probably have to settle for a lesser vehicle. The title is in the name of my dad AND my-ex as opposed to my dad OR my-ex. I would really like to get his name off of the liability (both loan and accident purposes). Is there anything my dad or I can do to force the issue?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: