Can I do anything remove a refuse to obey a lawful order of a police officer charge on my record? 2 Answers as of August 31, 2011

I have been stopped by police officer. I got out of the car and he asked me to put my hands up which I did not because I asked him why. I am from different country and it was the first time I have been stopped by p o. I did not even know what guilty means at that time I just heard everybody says guilty and I said guilty too. The judge gave me two days in jail served and I got out. But I am facing difficulties with finding job now. Is there anything I can do to remove the charges?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
If it has been five years you should be eligible to apply to have it expunged. You can't just plead guilty by saying guilty however. A judge will thoroughly ask you several questions on the record to make sure you understand what you are doing and that you can satisfy the elements of the crime with your testimony.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/31/2011
Klisz Law Office, PLLC
Klisz Law Office, PLLC | Timothy J. Klisz
If it is your only criminal offense ever, you can file a motion to set aside the conviction. These are complex and an attorney would be advised. I have never lost one of these. Call me to discuss.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: