Can I do anything if my dog’s hind legs are useless after I brought it to the groomer? 4 Answers as of September 08, 2016

I took my dog to a groomer for a simple bath and haircut. An hour later, we took her home and she was a little wobbly on her feet. The next morning, her hind legs were completely useless. I contacted the corporate headquarters on August 4, 2016 and was told they would do an investigation. I called again in the 5th, no answer and left a message. I called again on August 8, and left another message. Just a short time ago, a lawyer called me and said if I did not stop calling them, they would have me arrested.

Take your dog to the vet to find out what's going on, medically. After that, if it was caused by the groomer, you can sue them for bills. Likely under $5000 would be in small claims court.
Don't you think that you need to find out WHY her hind legs are useless? The reason for the problem may let you know whether or not it is the fault of the groomer. If I visit you in your home, and have a cup of coffee, and as I leave your home I have a stroke, is it YOUR fault? If the cause of the problem is something like a mechanical issue (like physical abuse), THEN you may have a case.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
That certainly seems like an extreme position for the lawyer to take, assuming I have all of the relevant facts. Seems to me that the matter needs to be investigated, and potentially there is a lawsuit here for injury to your dog.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
In Michigan one is limited to the value of the dog as far as compensation is concerned or in the alternative the cost of vet billings. One cannot be arrested for complaining. That is your right. You may have to prove what is wrong with your dog in order to sue in small claims Court. Good luck.