Can I do a adjusment of status for my husband after I became a Citizen? 5 Answers as of June 23, 2011

My husband and I been married for 23 years and we have a child together, she is 16 years old. My husband has a prior criminal record from 20 years ago. What are my chances of getting him a green card?

All of it will depend on the type of crime he committed. Have competent counsel review it and tell what she thinks of his chances with his record. It can also depend on how he came to the US (with or without a visa), among other things. If without, then he will have to go through consular processing and deal with the 10-year bar issue there. Again, a good attorney will plan for all those contingencies and draw a path for you to accomplish this. There is a lot of information that needs to be known in order to elaborate further. I tend to believe that most of the time, there is always a way to sponsor a spouse with USC children into the US. Keep the faith and consult an attorney with all your information if this is important to you. Good luck!
It depends on his crime. If committed more than 20 years ago he may be eligible for either 212(c) or 221(h) waivers; to overcome past crime.
Sariol Legal Center
Sariol Legal Center | Frank R. Sariol
When you become a US Citizen, you can petition for your husband to become a Legal Permanent Resident. His prior criminal history may be a problem, depending on what type of crime he was convicted of. All in all, I think his chances of becoming a LPR are good. Thank you.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
An immigration lawyer needs to review all of your husband's criminal records before the lawyer recommends for him to submit his application.
It depends on a lot of factors other than his criminal record, such as how he came to this country, etc. We advise you work with a lawyer on this. Good luck!