Can I divorce my wife if she lives in Mexico? 10 Answers as of February 18, 2014

We were married in Mexico, came to the US, both not legal citizens, she got deported and I stayed. We have been separated for 8 years and I want a divorce.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
If you have a proper address for her and you can serve her then you should be able to obtain a divorce.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 2/18/2014
The Law Office of James P Peterson
The Law Office of James P Peterson | James P Peterson
You can get a divorce in the county of your residence.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 2/18/2014
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You can file her or you can file in Mexico.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/17/2014
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes as long as you get her served with your Complaint for Divorce.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 2/17/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Yes, you can divorce in the courts where you live. She will have to be served the papers in Mexico.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 2/17/2014
Click to View More Answers: