Can I divorce my wife if she does not want to divorce? 7 Answers as of June 01, 2011

My wife's religion doesn't believe in divorce, but I want to divorce. Can I get divorced from here even if she does not want to?

All the grounds you need in California to divorce the other party are "irreconcilable differences", and obviously, your and your wife's differences are irreconcilable - you want a divorce, and she doesn't. You can get a divorce.
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
There are Very few assurances in the law. One of them is that if you want a divorce and your spouse does nit, you win. The court will grant you a divorce over any objection.
Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
Yes, you can divorce her.
Yes. In California, you do not need approval of the other party to divorce. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.
Yes. it only takes one person to effectuate a divorce in California. If the other side will not cooperate in the divorce process, you can obtain a final judgment by "default." Call a local family law lawyer for assistance. Good luck!