Can I divorce my spouse if he cannot be found? 5 Answers as of April 07, 2011

Can I divorce my spouse if he can't be found?

Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
Yes you may obtain a divorce when you cannot locate the missing spouse. There is a procedure by which the court can obtain jurisdiction by service by publication. A proper application must be made to the court for permission to serve the Summons and Petition by this method.
Yes, but you'll need to follow a special process to have him "served" with the divorce petition; i.e., service by "publication." Best to call a local family law lawyer to get instructions on such method of service.
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
Yes. You will need to make several attempts to find him and then get the court's permission/Order allowing you to proceed with alternate service procedures and obtain a default Judgment.
Yes. Hire an experienced Family Law Attorney, who will know what to do to have your husband constructively served by Publication.
There are ways to get him served other than personal service. If you are in my area, please contact me for a free consultation.