Can I divorce my husband if I'm pregnant by another man and my husband is remarried in another country? 6 Answers as of July 11, 2013

We have been separated for a year with no contact. He was deported back to his country of origin. I was told he was remarried in the country he is in.

The Law Firm of Jessica M. Cotter, P.L.L.C. | Jessica M. Cotter
The basis for a dissolution here in Arizona is that the marriage is irretrievably broken, with no prospect of reconciliation. Your real issue may be service of the petition for dissolution on him You would be wise to consult with experienced family law counsel to review the procedures needed.
SHAPIRO LAW GROUP | ERIC L. SHAPIRO
Yes and you should do it quickly. If you are in Georgia, there is a presumption that your husband is the father of the child.
Well his marriage in the country he is in now is void in this country and most likely where he is living now also. You can't be married to, two people at the same time.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Unless he's in a country that allows bigamy, he can't be remarried. Yes you can divorce him. The fact that you're pregnant will require you to postpone finalizing the divorce until after the child is born and will require that you state who the biological father is by providing a DNA test.
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
Yes, you can divorce him. Your husband's remarriage is likely not legal as you are still married to him. However, the jurisdiction issues, as well as service issues, may be complicated, so you would need to retain an attorney to make sure the process is done properly.
    Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson | Eric Johnson
    This question opens a real can of worms. If I understand you correctly, you are married to your husband currently. And you are pregnant by another man currently. And your husband has married (or, more accurately, believes he has married) another woman while still married to you. In the state of Utah, you don't need any reason to get a divorce. So regardless of whether you are pregnant by another man or your husband is a bigamist, you can get a divorce in Utah on a no-fault basis. Adultery, however, is also a recognized fault basis for divorce in the state of Utah. So in response to the question as to whether you can divorce her husband, under the circumstances you described in your question, the answer is absolutely.