Can I dissolve an S Corporation without my partners signature? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

My business partner and I started an S Corporation two years ago and he owns only 25% of the company. Since then he has not done any work as promised and also owes me $10k for rent and $1k for damage to my car. I want to end the S corporation but can't get a hold of him because he is avoiding me due to the outstanding debt. Can I dissolve it without his consent?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You can dissolve without your partner's agreement. You have to file a Certificate of Election to Wind up and Dissolve (Form ELEC STK) and a Certificate of Dissolution (Form DISS STK).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: