Can I deport my husband because he is being abusive? 2 Answers as of April 19, 2011

I filed for green card for my husband, now he is an alcoholic and abusing me. He has recently hit a traffic sign, and police issued tickets and he has to appear in court. He is abusing me physically and is getting violent after drinking. Can I suggest to get a deportation for him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No. Immigration laws cannot be used as a weapon with which to threaten others or gain an unfair advantage. Not saying you are or will be. Just telling you how it is. You can and should leave him to protect yourself and/or any children you might have if it gets that bad. I can assure you that the law will catch-up with him somehow. But you should seek help in the community you live in and don't stay silent and suffer quietly . . . I beg of you to do this for yourself and your children. No one should ever raise their hand against you. There are laws that protect you, please use them. Will you get help please?? Please??? Good luck and I am here if you need help getting started. Be well.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If you press charge him for domestic violence, and he ends up being convicted, he will likely be deported.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: