Can I cultivate marijuana and keep firearms in a separate room locked in a safe? 4 Answers as of June 10, 2013

I'm a legal Medical Marijuana patient under prop 215 in California, but I keep firearms in a locked safe. Can I cultivate in a separate room or outside legally?

Legally?? You can be arrested if you violate the law. Whether cultivating and possessing illegal drugs at the same time as possessing firearms is a crime is a question that depends on a lot more facts than you gave. Youd better be sure you are not already a prohibited person barred from possessing firearms and ammunition because of any past conviction. Youd better be sure you can legally cultivate and possess in the nature, scope, quantity and location you have. By the way, federal law doesnt honor your card, because it is a Politically Correct fiction in California only, not binding upon federal law enforcement. You risk federal felony prosecution for what you are doing. If arrested by the feds for cultivation and related possession crimes, then finding a gun in your possession adds another felony charge with mandatory federal prison time. I have begun telling people that they need to ponder and decide for themselves whether their use of such illegal drugs makes them a habitual user that under federal and state law make them a prohibited person. I believe it does, and your application for the card is a confession and the evidence against you in any prosecution.
That would not be advised.
There is nothing illegal about possessing marijuana with a Medical Marijuana card and having a gun too unless the police think you are possessing it for illegal sale.