Can I convert to chapter 7 to stop the sale of date? 7 Answers as of June 01, 2017

I lost job and behind for my mortgage. I filed chapter 13. Can I do a modification after that? I really want to save my home, and just got a job offer.

Modification or conversion will not stop the sale if you don't make the payments.
Not easily but there are other things you might try. You really need to consult a lawyer experienced in bankruptcy and real estate. And very soon.
Yes, you can do that if the lender agrees. The HAMP program is over.
You really need to pay an experienced lawyer for one hour of their time to review your file with you. Reviewing your file is the only way to give you sound advice.
Unless the mortgage company obtained a lift of stay from the chapter 7 bankruptcy, they cannot proceed to foreclose. If they did, converting to chapter 13 may not stop the foreclosure. You would have to look at the order lifting stay. Converting to chapter 13 would require monthly payments to the trustee to catch up the arrears.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    If you don't have an attorney now, you should get one, because you are now facing more complex questions which are impossible to advise on an online forum like this.
    Converting your bankruptcy to Chapter 7 will not further delay a sale date authorized due to the lifting of the automatic stay in the Chapter 13 case. While you are welcome to contact the mortgage company or their representative to try and work things out, your options in bankruptcy appear to have ended.