Can I convert my visa status from B2 to F1? Posted on May 23, 2011

I received B2 visa for US and am still in country of origin. Now, circumstances have changed. Want to convert B2 to F1. Should I go to US Embassy in Qatar and tell them my intent has changed and I want to visit schools and apply for the summer and fall, and they can note on my documents that I am a prospective student? This is to avoid preconceived intent. -Is it okay to tell the US Embassy that I intend to visit US and wait for F1 visa before I start school? If I don’t get my status changed while visiting, I intend to: -maintain my lawful B2 status. -Return to my country if my B2 status expires before I get F1. -Then re-apply F1 from my country if there is a need.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: