Can I contact my husband if I have a restraining order against him? 3 Answers as of March 20, 2012

I have been separated from my husband for just over 2 months, and there is a restraining order on him from contacting me. I want to talk to him about our chances of reconciliation, but I am not sure if I will be allowed to call him.

The Law Offices of Dave Hawkins
The Law Offices of Dave Hawkins | Dave Hawkins
Sure as long as there is not a mutual restraining order against you. I wouldn't advise it because it weakens your case, i.e. if you're afraid of him (the reason for the restraining order) , why are you contacting him and why do you want to reconcile (these would be the logical inferences calling into question the need for a restraining order in the first instance).
If the restraints are against him only, you can contact him.? However, if he responds he could go to jail
Wolfstone, Panchot & Bloch, P.S., Inc.
Wolfstone, Panchot & Bloch, P.S., Inc. | Mark Brown
Under Washington state law, if he responds to your telephone call that would be a violation of the no-contact order. You can request that the court modify the order to allow telephone (or e-mail) contact; or have your make the request to the court on your behalf.