Can I concurrently fill the forms I130 and I1450 with the travel and work? 4 Answers as of August 19, 2014

I came to the USA from Brazil on a B2 visa valid until December 2014. I am getting married with my spouse on September. He is a US citizen. We need a co-sponsor and already have one. My husband has 2 issues with 2 banks (small unpaid fees), would that be a problem? Other than that he has a work and income.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
You can file the I-765 and I-131 applications with the I-130 and I-485.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/19/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Your husband's issues with banks should not be an issue for you. A bigger issue is your intent to remain in the country. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney before filing.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/19/2014
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Your fiance's "issues" with the bank should have no impact on your petition. If you decide to get married here you must file the I-130 and I-485 together, along with the i-765, so he can get his employment authorization document as soon as possible. Once you file the petition for your husband you should remain in the U.S. while proceedings are pending or risk detention at port of entry.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/19/2014
Law Offices of Christine Green
Law Offices of Christine Green | Christine Green
Yes you can do a one-step adjustment of status application as the spouse of a U.S. citizen; file I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 all at once. Work with an immigration attorney to guide you through the process and make sure there are no issues of inadmissibility.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/19/2014
Click to View More Answers: