Can I come to the US after being deported for 10 years? 2 Answers as of June 20, 2011

In 2001 my boyfriend was arrested for him beeing 21 and me13, I got ptegnant and had my baby, a week later he got arrested did 8 months in jail 1 in INS, and was deported and said he couldnt come back for 10 yrs, weve beeing together all this time and have 4 kids now, but we have not gotten married cause we tought it was better to get married here in california when his banne was over. His in mexico and I go back and forth, but currently asking for only foodstamps. So my question is can I ever get him a green card, do something for him to come legal, I am a us citizen. An d if asking for foodstamps is a problem at all, does ins checks tjat out too. Please let me know thanks

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Most options for him will be easier if you are married. Assuming he has never crossed back into the U.S. you can petition for him to return. We would also have to review his criminal conviction - it sounds like the crime was statutory rape because of your age but I would need to see the records to confirm. He will need a waiver also to be filed by you. We would be happy to assist you both through the process. I suggest you set up an appointment and we can go through the steps required, procedures, fees, and timing to move forward.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/20/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
The facts you present are truly shocking. You got pregnant by an adult illegal immigrant when you were only thirteen, now you are twenty-three and have four children with him. If you are receiving food stamps, then you had to tell the California authorities that you have little or no income. This is a problem because you must prove to USCIS that you have enough income to support yourself, your four children, and your intended husband. It is going to be difficult to bring your intended husband here legally. If you do, it will be very difficult it will be for him to get employment. He has been convicted of a sex crime, statutory rape.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: