Can I Collect Unemployment if I Quit My Job Due To Mistreatment? 3 Answers as of August 01, 2011

If I am being harassed or being treated badly from an employer and have documentation of this for the last 3 years. Am I eligible for unemployment if I cant take the stress anymore?

Touby & Associates, P.A.
Touby & Associates, P.A. | Mark Touby
The law in Florida requires disqualification from benefits if you are terminated from your employment for misconduct or voluntarily resign without good cause attributable to the employer. As of August 1, 2011, it is now more difficult for ex-employees to qualify as the definitions for misconduct has changed and there is no longer a policy of favoring the ex-employee. Before you leave an employment voluntarily, consult with an attorney who specializes in Unemployment law in Florida to see whether your circumstances could be considered good cause attributable to the employer. Good Luck!
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
There is a doctrine known as constructive termination. It provides that if conditions are sufficiently unbearable that a reasonable person would quit, then they are eligible for unemployment. Employer can and usually does challenge claim and it becomes a question of fact for the Administrative Law Judge.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact the federal EEOC for a response to your question.