Can I close my dui case after I have done all that is required? 4 Answers as of June 17, 2011

I have paid the fees required. My 1 yr probation period is over. I took the course required. Can my case be closed. I need it to be closed in order to get a job that requires it to be closed.

It already is closed if you completed everything and the Probation is already over. Contact your PO and ask for a written statement that you've been successful discharged from Probation. If they don't or won't give it to you, then go to the court and ask the Judge who sentenced you to release you so you can get employment. Good luck.
Generally after the sentence and all conditions of sentence are completed the case is closed by the court. However, i think you are asking if you can get the case expunged and the answer is maybe, but i would need further details. You should hire an attorney.
Under New York law there is no such things as "closing" a case. Your case was essentially over when you were sentenced a year ago. Now is just the time that any requirements of the sentence have been completed. What you may be looking for is a "Relief from Civil Disabilities". You need a lawyer to ask the judge for that.
Your summary states that the job you want to apply requires the DWI case to be "closed". A case is considered "closed' after you have been sentenced. You may still be on probation, and your employer may require that you not be on parole or probation. You must ask them specifically what they require in order to get the job, but you will always have a conviction for the DWI charge, either for a violation of 1192-1 or the misdemeanor of 1192-2 or 1192-3. Most employers will not hire a person with a DWI because it makes them potentially liable for millions of dollars if they hire you with the knowledge that you have a DWI conviction.