Can I clear a warrant in Massachusetts from Kansas? 3 Answers as of June 10, 2011

I'm scheduled to appear in court tomorrow at 8:30 am for an assault and battery but I live in Kansas and can't afford to get to court. Can I clear a warrant from Kansas? This all happened 18 years ago and now there pressing charges.

A warrant from out of state, is usually dealt with under state extradition laws, which can vary state to state. You should consult with an experienced attorney in the state where the warrant is issued and get advice as to how to deal with the warrant. A Kansas attorney will not have any influence out of state.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq. | Kelly Broadbent
You should contact an attorney in Massachusetts to determine if it is possible to clear the warrant without you appearing. My office does handle these matters and I would be happy to discuss the case with you.
Law Office of William S. Smith
Law Office of William S. Smith | William S. Smith
Yes but you should absolutely retain a criminal defense attorney to do this. The court is still going to demand your presence but if you retain counsel to represent you in this matter, he can appear and ask that your case be continued until such time as you are physically present. The lawyer can even ask that your presence be waived, though given it is a warrant your ultimate presence is of course going to be expected by the court. Therefore you absolutely should retain an attorney.