Can I claim my sister who is here on a visa on my tax return? 1 Answers as of March 09, 2011

My sister is on F1 and has been studying in the US since fall 2010. She has not been working so she fulfills the condition of not making more than $3,700 during the tax year. I am on H1B. Can I claim her as a dependent for tax return? She would need an ITIN for which I plan to attach a notarized copy of her passport with my tax documents.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
An immigration attorney would better answer this question as the status defines your taxable position.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: