Can I claim my citizenship while in the United States? 2 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I'll be in the America in September I was born here in the Philippines during World War II has an American father. I'm already 65 years old and my father is already deceased now that I found my half brothers in the US they wanted to help me out to claim my citizenship. My question is can I claim my citizenship while I’m in the US?

This may be an INA section 309 case. It might be difficult to get together the necessary documentation with the long passage of time. There is nothing to prevent filing for a US passport while here but I would suggest going to the Citizens Services Section of the US Consulate in Manila as more prudent and more convenient.
Yes you will have to show your father legitimized you while under 18 and he lived in the us 10 year before you were born