Can I claim my citizenship while in the United States? 2 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I'll be in the America in September I was born here in the Philippines during World War II has an American father. I'm already 65 years old and my father is already deceased now that I found my half brothers in the US they wanted to help me out to claim my citizenship. My question is can I claim my citizenship while I’m in the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
This may be an INA section 309 case. It might be difficult to get together the necessary documentation with the long passage of time. There is nothing to prevent filing for a US passport while here but I would suggest going to the Citizens Services Section of the US Consulate in Manila as more prudent and more convenient.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/26/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
Yes you will have to show your father legitimized you while under 18 and he lived in the us 10 year before you were born
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: