Can I claim head of household if I work full time and my husband is on disability? 2 Answers as of December 16, 2010

Can I claim head of household? I work full time and my husband is on full disability.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mankus & Marchan, LTD
Mankus & Marchan, LTD | Tony Mankus
No, you cannot claim head of household. To claim head of household, you must be unmarried, legally separated, or maintaining a separate household with a dependent for the last six months of the calendar year.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 12/16/2010
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
Yes you can but there may be limitations based on other factors. It is best to consult an accountant.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 12/15/2010
Click to View More Answers: