Can I a citizen get a visa for my stepson? 8 Answers as of December 29, 2011

Which forms shall I prepare for my stepson to join me, a US citizen with a Chinese wife on her 10 year green card. The boy is not eligible for "follow" as he is 2 years beyond Guangzhou K1 interview.

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
If your step son was under 18 years of age at the time of your marriage and under 21 now, you can simply file an I-130 visa petition for him.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
Assuming you listed him on the original Form I-129F, top of page two, and assuming that he was under 18 when you married his mom, you'd file Form I-130, Form G-325A for him (I think one for you as well is a good idea much of the time). Form I-864. Probably a good idea to have an immigration attorney take a look at everything before you send it.
Philip M. Zyne, P.A.
Philip M. Zyne, P.A. | Philip M. Zyne
If you married the mother prior to the child's 18th birthday, you can file a petition for your step-son. Either go to the USCIS website or speak with a qualified immigration law attorney to see what forms you will need and what the filing requirements are.
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC | Alan R. Diamante
If he was under 18 when you married his mother, you can petition him as your child. The immigration act definition of child includes step-sons.
Wildes & Weinberg, P.C. | Leon Wildes
If your marriage to his mother took place before your stepson reached age 18, you can sponsor him for residence.as your stepson.
    You can petition for your stepson to receive an immigrant visa if the marriage forming the step-parent relationship occurred prior to the his 18th birthday. If you married on or after his 18th birthday, his mother could petition for him as a lawful permanent resident.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    If your stepson was 18 or older when you married his mother, you cannot petition him. Instead, your wife should file I-130 petition for her son. If he was under 18 when you married his mother, you can petition him by filing I-130.
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    If your stepson is still in China, you will need to file an I-130 on his behalf. (Assuming he was young enough when you married to qualify as a stepchild).