Can I choose to serve a military sentence rather than a jail sentence? 2 Answers as of August 01, 2011

I am a 1st time offender in state of GA. I want to serve a military sentence instead of jail sentence for a drug charge. Is this possible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
The military will not accept a convicted felon, and will not accept anyone on probation or anyone with a pending charge. 15 (fax)
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/1/2011
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
No. The typical military recruit today is a highly motivated student-athlete that does not have money to go to school, not a guy trying to avoid a felony conviction. You are thinking about the 1960 military.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: