Can I change my work healthcare plan two weeks into the enrollment? Posted on May 17, 2011

Our office just went through another health insurance change and open enrollment period. The offered for the first time a high deductible plan with a health savings account (HSA). I could also have kept my previous plan with an increased premium. I went with the high deductible plan (Empire) effective May 1. I got an email today from the insurance agent representing the company that they were just informed by Empire that next year the plan would be changing to include co-insurance. I chose this plan with next year in mind - that maybe I carry over the health savings balance. I was very scared to take this plan and now I know I don't want it. Is there anyway to change plans 2 weeks into the enrollment?