Can I change my visa from H-1B to H-3? 3 Answers as of November 12, 2010

I am currently in the United States on an H-1B visa. I want to study at university here. I already was accepted, but I know I need to change my visa. I think I need to change my visa to an H-3. Will that be difficult, and can I do it while still in the United States?

Your proper visa to seek is an F-1 student visa. You should contact the International Student Office at the university that accepted you, since they have the responsibility to help you complete the I-20 application form for the student visa, once you have been accepted. You would then apply for a Change of Status, with an I-539 form, along with the I-20, in order to get the F-1 visa. Best to you.
The student visa status is F-1 and not H-3. You would need to apply for a change of status to F-1 but it is not guaranteed that it will be approved as a change of status and you may need to go to your home country for consular processing.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You should change to F-1 and not H-3. Contact my office to get started on the paperwork.