Can I change my name as a green card holder? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

I am a green card holder. I am married and I want to change my last name. But I don't know how? Can you please help me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If you already have your green card, you need to use your state's procedures for changing your name. This normally involves publishing your change in a paper and appearing in court. Google your local courthouse and they will have the forms and instructions listed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: