Can I change my last name if I entered the U.S illegally over 10 years ago and I am now married to a U.S. Citizen? 4 Answers as of September 15, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Changing a name is usually a state law matter, and one's immigration history is usually irrelevant to changing the name.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/15/2014
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
yes. when you marry in the US you can always use your husband's last as your last name.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2014
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
Your question makes little sense. Why is it important to change your name? Do you think that will somehow make you "legal"? It won't. Given your situation, I would think, changing your last name would be very low on the list of priorities.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/15/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
No way.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2014
Click to View More Answers: