Can I change my immigration status? 2 Answers as of May 26, 2011

Is it possible that we can change the status from visitor B1 VISA into another? My father was the petitioner. Can he apply for a long stay in the USA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Yes you can change your status from B-1 visa to another non immigrant or immigrant visa. Contact my office for a free consultation to go through all options.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/26/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Your question is unclear as to whether you wish to extend your stay or your father's. Depending on the facts of your situation, you can file for an extension on his B-1. Visit for more information on how to obtain an extension of stay. You may be able to change status if you fit into another nonimmigrant visa category. In order to determine whether you can change your status would require much more information. If you feel you need assistance, you should speak with an immigration attorney. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: