Can I change my immigration lawyer after an I 130 has been filed? 9 Answers as of December 21, 2010

I would like to know if it is possible to change the lawyer after an I 130 has been filed. We are not happy with the guy that helped us filing the I 130. Can that be done? Can the new lawyer get all the papers on the case and just take over? Thank!

The answer is yes. Just file a new G-28 form with the new attorney's signature on it. And then notify the former attorney you are terminating him, and get a new contract with the new attorney. Best to you.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
Yes, you can change your attorney at any time. The new attorney just have to file a new G-28 to appear as attorney of record in your case.
Yes, you can always switch attorneys.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you might have.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
Yes, you have the right to change your lawyer at any time, and your former lawyer must provide you or your new attorney with a copy of your complete file if you instruct him to do so. Failure to do this violates the rules of professional conduct in most states and can be a ground for disbarment.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Yes, you can change your attorney at any time, for any reason. The new lawyer can get the file from the previous lawyer.