Can I change my H1 visa to H4? 3 Answers as of October 05, 2010

My H1B visa expires in January. I want to change my status to an H4 visa. I have not been working but my husband is on an H1B. Can I change my H1 to an H4?

The short answer is yes. You can make a change of status request, but it must be done before your H-1 expires. You are not allowed to continue remaining in the country while on a change of status under I-539 after you go out of status. If you wish to know more, and you want the help of an attorney, by all means call or e-mail me at the number or address listed below.
Yes, you can do that as long as you are married and your spouse is in valid H-1B status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Yes, you can change your status to H4. Form I-539. If you need help you can contact me through email.