Can I change my divorce decree? 1 Answers as of May 05, 2011

My wife and I divorced (Texas) and she had the attorney write up a divorce decree stating that she gets the property in our possession (which included both cars). They told the courts they could not find me (even though I had spoken to her and they knew where I was) and rushed this through the courts, and I didn’t find out til the divorce was final. The problem is she is not paying it timely or not at all, and the decree doesn’t state that she has to transfer title to her name. What do I do? How do I get it back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
You can file an appeal and motion for new trial if it has been less than 30 days otherwise you are limited to a bill of review to set aside a default judgment. It is not cheap, but it can be done.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: