Can I change immigration petition sponsors? 1 Answers as of February 08, 2011

Can I change sponsors. My ex-wife's friend is my sponsor. I got approved in 2006 for residency. Now I want my brother to sponsor me. Can I have it changed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
If you've already been approved for lawful permanent residency (green card), based, apparently, on an employment based petition, it would seem to make little sense at this point to be changing sponsorship for something that has already been approved.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 2/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: