Can I cash the security check under protest? Posted on May 18, 2011

I lived in a condo for 20+ years. My landlord sent me my security deposit 60 days after I moved out and deducted $300 from it. The check is a personal check and in the memo it says security refund. Can I cash the check "under protest"? I want to sue for the balance of the security deposit plus the interest on the deposit over 20 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: